2nd PAHICON Meeting Lima Peru
The meeting at the Swissotel, Lima was held on the 2/3 February 2020
Over 50 delegates attended the 2nd PAH-ICON symposium in Lima. The meeting consisted of one and a half days of presentations by PAH taskforce representatives and oral. abstracts. Several Taskforces have been set up to focus on specific areas, and the focus of this meeting was to establish aims and objectives and research planning for 2020. Abstracts were presented from around the world and detailed exciting examples of ongoing research of PAH genetics and genomics.
Discussions facilitated by the meeting included the following:
- To increase the awareness and knowledge of participation in PAH genetic research
- To write international guidelines for genetic testing in PAH under the PAHICON consortium banner
- To identify core phenotype data to be collected by all centres
- Refine the Taskforces and their contributors
- Working groups to be defined for specific shorter term projects
The consortium has now been running since 2016 with the first face to face meeting in May 2017. Bi- monthly teleconferences allow for the continued international research collaboration and planning. It was agreed that the group would meet again at the next PVRI meeting in Athens 2021. It is imperative that only by collating our knowledge and resources that we can tackle the ongoing challenges in PAH such as understanding the contribution of common genetic variation to the clinical course of disease. The PAHICON consortium biorepository will soon be able to receive international samples for sequencing and analysis and further progress will be made on the clinical phenotype database.